The National Quality Framework
As of the 1 January 2012, the National Quality Framework “NQF” was established and applied to out of hours care services.
The National Quality Framework aims to raise quality and drive continuous improvement and consistency in education and care services through:
A National Legislative Framework
- The Education and Care Services National Law
- The Education and Care Services National Regulations.
A National Quality Standard, which sets a new National benchmark for the quality of education and care services. The National Quality Standard is divided into seven Quality Areas:
- Quality Area 1: Educational program and practice
- Quality Area 2: Children’s health and safety
- Quality Area 3: Physical environment
- Quality Area 4: Staffing arrangements
- Quality Area 5: Relationships with children
- Quality Area 6: Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Quality Area 7: Governance & Leadership
A National Quality Rating and Assessment Process
- Approved Services are assessed and rated against each of the seven Quality Areas of the National Quality Standard and the National Regulations. They are then provided an overall rating. The rating and assessment process aims to drive continuous quality improvement at services and provide families with better information for making choices about their children’s education and care
A National body called the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
- ACECQA guides the implementation of the NQF Nationally
Lindfield Activity Centre's Rating Summary
We were recently re-assessed as Meeting the National Quality Standard across all 7 Quality Areas.
My Time, Our Place
My Time, Our Place is the National Framework for children in out of school hours care centres. It builds on the Early Years Learning Framework and extends the principles, practice and outcomes to accommodate the contexts and age range of the children and young people who attend school age care settings. The Framework ensures that children in school age care have opportunities to engage in leisure and play-based experiences, which contribute fully to their ongoing development.
My Time, Our Place- PDF Guide